Are you in the mood for a hearty and flavorful vegetarian dish? Look no further than this delicious Butternut Squash Curry with Coconut Milk recipe. Packed with aromatic spices and creamy coconut milk, this curry is sure to satisfy your taste buds. Whether you're a vegetarian or simply looking to add more plant-based meals to your repertoire, this recipe is a winner.
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time||Servings|
|15 mins||30 mins||45 mins||4 servings|
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cubed (about 4 cups or 600 grams)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional, adjust to taste)
- 1 can (14 ounces or 400 ml) coconut milk
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or honey
- Salt, to taste
- Fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet or pot over medium heat. Add the diced onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the minced garlic and grated ginger to the pot and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes, until fragrant.
- Stir in the curry powder, ground cumin, ground turmeric, and cayenne pepper (if using). Cook for another minute to toast the spices and enhance their flavors.
- Add the cubed butternut squash to the pot and toss to coat it with the spices. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour in the coconut milk, vegetable broth, soy sauce, and maple syrup (or honey). Stir well to combine all the ingredients. Bring the mixture to a simmer.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover the pot, and let the curry simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until the butternut squash is tender.
- Taste the curry and season with salt as needed.
- Serve the Butternut Squash Curry over steamed rice or with naan bread. Garnish with fresh cilantro for an extra burst of flavor.
This Butternut Squash Curry with Coconut Milk is perfect for a cozy weeknight dinner or a gathering with friends. Serve it as the main course alongside steamed rice or naan bread. You can also pair it with a side of mixed greens or roasted vegetables to complete the meal. It's a versatile dish that suits both casual and special occasions.
Enjoy the rich flavors and comforting aroma of this vegetarian curry. It's a delightful way to incorporate more vegetables into your diet while satisfying your cravings for a hearty and delicious meal.