Are you craving a flavorful and hearty pasta dish? Look no further than this delicious Cajun Chicken Pasta recipe. With a perfect balance of spices and tender chicken, this dish is sure to become a family favorite. Whether you're cooking for a weeknight dinner or entertaining guests, this recipe is guaranteed to impress. So, grab your apron and let's get cooking!
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time||Servings|
|10 mins||20 mins||30 mins||4 servings|
- 8 ounces (227g) penne pasta
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) Cajun seasoning
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup (240ml) heavy cream
- 1/2 cup (120ml) chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5g) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.25g) black pepper
- Fresh parsley, chopped (for garnish)
- Cook the penne pasta according to the package instructions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a bowl, toss the chicken strips with Cajun seasoning until evenly coated.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the seasoned chicken and cook for about 5-6 minutes, or until cooked through and nicely browned. Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add the sliced bell peppers, onion, and minced garlic. Sauté for 3-4 minutes until the vegetables are tender-crisp.
- Reduce the heat to medium and pour in the heavy cream and chicken broth. Stir in the salt and black pepper. Let the mixture simmer for about 5 minutes to allow the flavors to meld together.
- Add the cooked penne pasta to the skillet and toss until well coated in the creamy sauce. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes to heat through.
- Return the cooked chicken to the skillet and stir to combine with the pasta and sauce. Cook for another 2 minutes to ensure everything is heated evenly.
- Remove from heat and garnish with fresh parsley.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
This Cajun Chicken Pasta is perfect for both casual weeknight dinners and special occasions. Serve it with a side of garlic bread or a fresh green salad for a complete meal. It's also a great dish to bring to potlucks or gatherings with friends and family. The bold and spicy flavors make it a crowd-pleaser that will leave everyone asking for seconds. Enjoy!