Looking for a delicious salad to add some holiday flair to your meal? Look no further than this delightful Candied Pecan Salad! With its sweet and crunchy pecans, tangy dried cranberries, and creamy goat cheese, this salad is the perfect combination of flavors and textures. Whether you're serving it as an appetizer or a main course, this salad is sure to impress your guests and leave them wanting more. So let's get started!
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time||Servings|
|10 mins||15 mins||25 mins||4 servings|
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 cups mixed salad greens
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinaigrette dressing
- Optional: additional toppings such as sliced apples or pears
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a medium-sized skillet, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the pecan halves to the skillet and stir to coat them evenly with the melted butter.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar and salt over the pecans and continue stirring until the sugar has dissolved and the pecans are coated.
- Transfer the pecans to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and spread them out in a single layer.
- Bake the pecans in the preheated oven for 10-15 minutes, or until they are lightly toasted and fragrant. Be sure to stir them every 5 minutes to prevent burning.
- Remove the pecans from the oven and let them cool completely.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the mixed salad greens, dried cranberries, and crumbled goat cheese.
- Add the cooled candied pecans to the salad and toss everything together gently.
- Drizzle the balsamic vinaigrette dressing over the salad and toss again to coat all the ingredients.
- If desired, add any additional toppings such as sliced apples or pears.
- Serve the Candied Pecan Salad immediately and enjoy!
This Candied Pecan Salad is perfect for holiday gatherings, potlucks, or as a refreshing side dish for any meal. Its combination of flavors and textures makes it a versatile salad that pairs well with a variety of main courses. Try serving it alongside roasted chicken, grilled salmon, or even a hearty vegetarian dish. The sweet and savory elements of this salad are sure to complement any meal and make it a standout dish on your table. Enjoy!