Warm, gooey caramel paired with tart apples and a buttery crisp topping makes this Caramel Apple Crisp the perfect dessert for the holiday season. Indulge in the comforting flavors of fall with this easy-to-make recipe that will leave your taste buds craving for more.
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time||Servings|
|15 mins||45 mins||1 hr||6 servings|
- 6 medium-sized Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and sliced (about 4 cups) (680g)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (120g)
- 1 cup rolled oats (90g)
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar (200g)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted (113g)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (2g)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (3g)
- 1 cup caramel sauce, store-bought or homemade (240g)
- Vanilla ice cream or whipped cream, for serving
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, oats, brown sugar, melted butter, cinnamon, and salt. Mix until the ingredients are well combined and crumbly.
- Take half of the crumb mixture and press it firmly into the bottom of a greased 9×9-inch baking dish.
- Arrange the sliced apples evenly over the crust in the baking dish.
- Pour the caramel sauce evenly over the apples, ensuring they are well coated.
- Sprinkle the remaining crumb mixture over the top of the apples and caramel sauce.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40-45 minutes, or until the topping is golden brown and the apples are tender.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before serving.
- Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream on top.
Caramel Apple Crisp is best enjoyed fresh out of the oven when it's still warm and the caramel is gooey. It's a delightful dessert for holiday gatherings, cozy family dinners, or any occasion where you want to indulge in the flavors of fall. You can also serve it with a drizzle of additional caramel sauce for extra decadence. Enjoy!