Are you looking for a delicious and hearty vegetarian dish? Look no further than this Cauliflower and Broccoli Gratin recipe. Packed with flavor and topped with a cheesy crust, this dish is sure to become a favorite among both vegetarians and meat-lovers alike.
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 head of broccoli, cut into florets
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- Fresh parsley, chopped (for garnish)
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the cauliflower and broccoli florets and cook for about 5 minutes, or until they are just tender. Drain and set aside.
- In a separate saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Stir in the flour and cook for 1-2 minutes until the mixture becomes slightly golden.
- Slowly whisk in the milk, ensuring there are no lumps. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring continuously, until the sauce thickens.
- Remove the saucepan from heat and stir in the cheddar cheese, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and black pepper. Mix until the cheeses are melted and the sauce is smooth.
- Add the cooked cauliflower and broccoli to the saucepan, tossing gently to coat the vegetables evenly.
- Transfer the mixture to a baking dish and sprinkle the breadcrumbs evenly over the top.
- Bake for approximately 25-30 minutes, or until the gratin is golden and bubbling.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool slightly. Garnish with chopped parsley before serving.
This Cauliflower and Broccoli Gratin is perfect as a main course for a vegetarian dinner or as a flavorful side dish. It pairs well with a fresh green salad or roasted vegetables. Serve it at potlucks, family gatherings, or any occasion where you want to impress with a delicious and satisfying vegetarian dish. Enjoy!