Cheese and Mushroom Risotto is a delicious and comforting dish that combines the creamy goodness of risotto with the earthy flavors of mushrooms and the richness of cheese. This recipe is perfect for cheese lovers and is sure to satisfy your cravings. So, let's get cooking!
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time||Servings|
|10 mins||30 mins||40 mins||4 servings|
- 2 tablespoons (30g) unsalted butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 8 ounces (225g) mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup (200g) Arborio rice
- 1/2 cup (120ml) dry white wine
- 4 cups (960ml) vegetable or chicken broth
- 1/2 cup (50g) grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh parsley, chopped (for garnish)
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and minced garlic, and sauté until the onion becomes translucent and fragrant.
- Add the sliced mushrooms to the saucepan and cook until they become tender and release their moisture. This should take about 5-7 minutes.
- Stir in the Arborio rice, making sure each grain is coated with the buttery mixture. Cook for 1-2 minutes until the rice becomes slightly translucent.
- Pour in the white wine and stir continuously until it is absorbed by the rice.
- Begin adding the vegetable or chicken broth, one ladleful at a time, stirring constantly. Allow each ladleful to be absorbed before adding more. This process should take about 20-25 minutes. The rice will become creamy and tender as it cooks.
- Once the rice is cooked to your desired consistency (al dente or softer), remove the saucepan from the heat. Stir in the grated Parmesan cheese until it melts and incorporates into the risotto.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Remember to taste as you go and adjust the seasoning accordingly.
- Serve the Cheese and Mushroom Risotto hot, garnished with freshly chopped parsley for a pop of color and freshness.
Cheese and Mushroom Risotto is a versatile dish that can be enjoyed on its own as a main course or served as a side dish alongside grilled chicken or roasted vegetables. It is best suited for cozy dinners at home, dinner parties, or even as a comforting meal during colder months. Pair it with a crisp white wine or a light-bodied red for a complete dining experience.
Now that you have the recipe, it's time to get cooking and indulge in the creamy goodness of Cheese and Mushroom Risotto. Enjoy!