Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes are a classic holiday recipe that is sure to impress your family and friends. This creamy and comforting dish is perfect for any special occasion or gathering. With layers of tender potatoes and gooey cheese, it's a crowd-pleaser that will leave everyone wanting more.
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time||Servings|
|15 mins||1 hr 30 mins||1 hr 45 mins||8 servings|
- 4 large russet potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced (about 2 pounds or 900 grams)
- 2 cups (480 ml) heavy cream
- 1 cup (240 ml) whole milk
- 2 cups (200 grams) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup (50 grams) grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Fresh thyme leaves, for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a large saucepan, combine the heavy cream, milk, minced garlic, dried thyme, salt, and black pepper. Heat the mixture over medium heat until it begins to simmer. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Grease a 9×13-inch (23×33 cm) baking dish with butter or cooking spray.
- Arrange a layer of sliced potatoes in the bottom of the baking dish, slightly overlapping each other. Pour a portion of the cream mixture over the potatoes, ensuring they are well-coated. Sprinkle a handful of shredded cheddar cheese on top.
- Repeat the layers until all the potatoes, cream mixture, and cheddar cheese are used, ending with a layer of cheese on top.
- Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and bake for 1 hour. Then, remove the foil and continue baking for an additional 30 minutes or until the potatoes are tender and the top is golden brown and bubbly.
- Once cooked, remove the dish from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes. Garnish with fresh thyme leaves.
- Serve the Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes hot and enjoy!
Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes are the perfect side dish for holiday dinners, potlucks, or any special occasion. They pair well with roasted meats such as turkey or ham. You can also serve them as a main course with a side salad for a vegetarian-friendly meal. These creamy potatoes are comfort food at its finest and are sure to be a hit at any gathering.