Are you craving a warm and comforting vegan meal? Look no further than this delicious Coconut Curry Tofu Noodle Soup. Packed with flavorful spices, tender tofu, and slurp-worthy noodles, this recipe is sure to satisfy your taste buds and keep you cozy during chilly days. Plus, it's quick and easy to make, making it a perfect option for a weeknight dinner. Let's get cooking!
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time||Servings|
|10 mins||25 mins||35 mins||4 servings|
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) vegetable oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon (15 g) curry powder
- 1 teaspoon (5 g) ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon (5 g) ground cumin
- 1 can (13.5 oz/400 ml) coconut milk
- 4 cups (960 ml) vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) maple syrup
- 8 oz (225 g) firm tofu, cubed
- 8 oz (225 g) rice noodles
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (150 g) snap peas
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh cilantro, for garnish
- In a large pot, heat the vegetable oil over medium heat. Add the sliced onion and minced garlic, and sauté until the onion becomes translucent.
- Stir in the curry powder, ground turmeric, and ground cumin, and cook for an additional minute to release the flavors.
- Pour in the coconut milk, vegetable broth, soy sauce, and maple syrup. Stir well to combine all the ingredients.
- Add the cubed tofu to the pot and gently simmer for about 15 minutes to allow the flavors to meld together.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice noodles according to the package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- After 15 minutes, add the sliced red bell pepper and snap peas to the pot. Cook for an additional 5 minutes until the vegetables are tender-crisp.
- Season the soup with salt and pepper to taste.
- To serve, divide the cooked rice noodles among serving bowls. Ladle the hot soup over the noodles.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro and serve hot.
This Coconut Curry Tofu Noodle Soup is a versatile dish that can be enjoyed on its own or paired with some delicious sides. Here are a few serving suggestions to enhance your dining experience:
- Serve with a side of steamed vegetables for added nutrition.
- Top the soup with a squeeze of lime juice for a tangy twist.
- Sprinkle some chopped peanuts or cashews on top for a crunchy texture.
- Pair with a fresh green salad or a side of garlic bread for a complete meal.
This recipe is perfect for cozy nights in, and it's also great for meal prepping. Make a big batch and store the leftovers in the fridge for a quick and satisfying lunch the next day. Enjoy the comforting flavors of this Coconut Curry Tofu Noodle Soup and savor every spoonful!