Are you looking for a delicious gluten-free recipe that will satisfy your cravings for something sweet? Look no further than this Coconut Flour Banana Bread with Coconut Flakes! This recipe combines the natural sweetness of ripe bananas with the nutty flavor of coconut flour, resulting in a moist and flavorful bread that is perfect for breakfast or as a snack. Plus, it's gluten-free, making it suitable for those with dietary restrictions.
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 45 mins
Total Time: 1 hr
Servings: 10 slices
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut flour (60g)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes, plus extra for topping
Special note: Make sure to use ripe bananas for the best flavor and sweetness in the bread.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the mashed bananas, eggs, melted coconut oil, honey, and vanilla extract. Mix well until all the ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the coconut flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Avoid overmixing, as it can result in a dense bread.
- Gently fold in the coconut flakes into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan, spreading it evenly.
- Sprinkle some additional coconut flakes on top of the batter for added texture and flavor.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Once baked, remove the bread from the oven and let it cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Then transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely before slicing.
This Coconut Flour Banana Bread with Coconut Flakes is delicious on its own, but you can also enhance its flavors by adding a spread of nut butter or a dollop of Greek yogurt. It's perfect for breakfast, brunch, or as a snack throughout the day. Enjoy it with a cup of coffee or tea for a delightful treat. This recipe is a great choice for those following a gluten-free diet or anyone looking for a healthier alternative to traditional banana bread.