Cranberry Apple Crumble Bars are a delightful treat that perfectly captures the flavors of the holiday season. These bars are a combination of sweet and tart, with a buttery crumble topping that adds a satisfying crunch. Whether you're serving them at a holiday gathering or enjoying them at home, these bars are sure to be a hit.
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time||Servings|
|15 mins||45 mins||1 hr||12 servings|
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (240 grams)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar (100 grams)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, cold and cubed (226 grams)
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup cranberry sauce
- 2 medium apples, peeled, cored, and diced
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats (45 grams)
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar (50 grams)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 9×13-inch baking dish and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add the cold cubed butter and use a pastry cutter or your fingertips to cut the butter into the dry ingredients until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg and vanilla extract. Pour the egg mixture into the dry ingredients and mix until the dough comes together.
- Press two-thirds of the dough evenly into the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Set aside the remaining one-third of the dough for the crumble topping.
- Spread the cranberry sauce over the dough in the baking dish, then sprinkle the diced apples evenly on top.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the oats, brown sugar, and ground cinnamon. Add the reserved one-third of the dough and mix until crumbly.
- Sprinkle the crumble mixture evenly over the cranberry and apple layer.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40-45 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and the filling is bubbling.
- Remove from the oven and allow the bars to cool completely before cutting into squares.
Serve these Cranberry Apple Crumble Bars as a delicious dessert at your holiday gatherings. They pair perfectly with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream. These bars are also a great addition to any brunch or potluck. Enjoy the flavors of the season with every bite!
Note: These bars can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days, or refrigerated for up to 1 week.