If you're looking for a delicious vegetarian recipe, look no further than Eggplant Rollatini with Marinara Sauce. This dish is a perfect combination of flavors and textures that will satisfy both vegetarians and non-vegetarians alike. The creamy ricotta filling, paired with the tangy marinara sauce, is a match made in heaven. Whether you're a vegetarian or simply looking to add more plant-based meals to your diet, this recipe is sure to become a favorite.
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time||Servings|
|20 mins||40 mins||1 hr||4 servings|
- 2 large eggplants
- Salt, for sprinkling
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Slice the eggplants lengthwise into 1/4-inch thick slices. Sprinkle salt on both sides of each slice and let them sit for about 15 minutes to draw out excess moisture. Rinse the slices under cold water and pat them dry with paper towels.
- Brush both sides of the eggplant slices with olive oil and place them on a baking sheet. Bake in the preheated oven for about 15 minutes, or until the slices are tender and slightly golden.
- In a bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, basil, parsley, and oregano. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread a thin layer of marinara sauce on the bottom of a baking dish.
- Place a spoonful of the cheese mixture on each eggplant slice and roll it up tightly. Place the rolled eggplant slices seam-side down in the baking dish.
- Pour the remaining marinara sauce over the rolled eggplant slices, covering them completely.
- Sprinkle some additional mozzarella and Parmesan cheese on top.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes. Then, remove the foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before serving.
Eggplant Rollatini with Marinara Sauce makes a wonderful main dish for a vegetarian dinner. Serve it with a side salad and some crusty bread for a complete meal. It's also a great option for potlucks or dinner parties, as it can be made ahead of time and baked just before serving. This dish is sure to impress your guests with its delicious flavors and beautiful presentation. Enjoy!