Garlic Butter Shrimp is a classic seafood dish that is quick and easy to prepare. With succulent shrimp cooked in a flavorful garlic butter sauce, this recipe is sure to impress your family and friends. Whether you're hosting a dinner party or simply craving a delicious seafood meal, this recipe is perfect for any occasion. So let's get cooking!
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time||Servings|
|10 mins||10 mins||20 mins||4 servings|
- 1 pound (450g) shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 tablespoons (56g) unsalted butter, divided
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.25g) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon (0.5g) black pepper
- 2 tablespoons (8g) chopped fresh parsley
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- In a large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons of butter over medium heat.
- Add the minced garlic to the skillet and cook for about 1 minute, until fragrant.
- Increase the heat to medium-high and add the shrimp to the skillet. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, until the shrimp turn pink and opaque.
- Remove the shrimp from the skillet and set aside.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter to the skillet. Allow it to melt completely.
- Stir in the lemon juice, salt, and black pepper. Cook for an additional 1-2 minutes to allow the flavors to meld together.
- Return the cooked shrimp to the skillet and toss well to coat them in the garlic butter sauce.
- Sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley and cook for another minute to heat the shrimp through.
- Remove from heat and serve the garlic butter shrimp immediately with lemon wedges on the side.
Garlic Butter Shrimp is versatile and can be served in various ways. Here are some serving suggestions:
- Serve over a bed of steamed rice or pasta for a complete meal.
- Pair with a fresh green salad and crusty bread for a light and satisfying lunch.
- Serve as an appetizer with toothpicks for easy snacking at parties or gatherings.
- This recipe is perfect for seafood lovers and can be enjoyed on special occasions or weeknight dinners alike.
Enjoy the succulent shrimp cooked in a flavorful garlic butter sauce. This recipe is sure to become a favorite in your household. Bon appétit!