If you're following a keto diet and craving a delicious lasagna, this Keto Zucchini Lasagna is the perfect dish for you. It's a low-carb and gluten-free alternative to traditional lasagna, but still packed with flavor and cheesy goodness. Plus, it's a great way to incorporate some extra veggies into your meal. Let's get cooking!
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time||Servings|
|20 mins||45 mins||1 hr 5 mins||6 servings|
- 3 medium zucchinis, sliced lengthwise into thin strips
- 1 pound (450g) ground beef
- 1 cup (240ml) marinara sauce
- 2 cups (480g) ricotta cheese
- 1 cup (115g) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup (25g) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon (5g) dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon (5g) dried basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh basil leaves, for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add minced garlic and sauté for about 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add ground beef to the skillet and cook until browned. Break it up into smaller pieces using a spatula or wooden spoon.
- Stir in dried oregano, dried basil, salt, and pepper. Cook for another 2-3 minutes to allow the flavors to meld together.
- Pour marinara sauce into the skillet and mix well with the ground beef. Let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, combine ricotta cheese, grated Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper. Mix until well combined.
- Spread a thin layer of the meat sauce on the bottom of a baking dish.
- Lay zucchini slices evenly over the meat sauce.
- Spread a layer of the ricotta cheese mixture over the zucchini slices.
- Repeat the layers until you run out of ingredients, ending with a layer of meat sauce on top.
- Sprinkle shredded mozzarella cheese over the lasagna.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake for an additional 15 minutes until the cheese is bubbly and golden.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before serving.
- Garnish with fresh basil leaves.
This Keto Zucchini Lasagna is perfect for a cozy family dinner or a gathering with friends. Serve it with a side salad or some steamed vegetables for a complete meal. It's also a great dish to make ahead of time and reheat for a quick and satisfying lunch. Enjoy!