Who doesn't love a delicious bacon cheeseburger? This Low Carb Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole is a healthier twist on a classic favorite. Packed with all the flavors you love, without the guilt of the bun, this casserole is sure to become a family favorite. It's easy to make and perfect for those following a low carb lifestyle. Let's get cooking!
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time||Servings|
|15 mins||30 mins||45 mins||6 servings|
- 1 pound (454g) ground beef
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional for some heat)
- 1 cup (240ml) sugar-free ketchup
- 1/4 cup (60ml) yellow mustard
- 1 cup (240ml) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (240ml) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 large eggs
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a large skillet, cook the ground beef over medium heat until browned. Drain any excess fat.
- Add the diced onion and minced garlic to the skillet with the ground beef. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes until the onion is translucent.
- Stir in the salt, black pepper, paprika, dried oregano, dried basil, and red pepper flakes (if using). Cook for another minute to allow the spices to blend with the meat.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and stir in the sugar-free ketchup and yellow mustard until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs. Add the beaten eggs to the skillet and mix everything together until the eggs are fully incorporated.
- Transfer the mixture to a greased 9×13-inch baking dish and spread it out evenly.
- Sprinkle the crumbled bacon over the top, followed by the shredded cheddar and mozzarella cheeses.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before serving.
This Low Carb Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole is perfect on its own as a main dish. You can serve it with a side salad or steamed vegetables for a complete meal. It's great for weeknight dinners or potluck gatherings. This casserole is a crowd-pleaser and is sure to satisfy your cravings for a bacon cheeseburger without the carbs.