Are you looking for a delicious and festive treat to enjoy during the holidays? Look no further than these Peppermint Bark Brownies! This delightful dessert combines the rich and fudgy goodness of brownies with the refreshing taste of peppermint. Whether you're hosting a holiday party or simply craving a sweet indulgence, these brownies are sure to be a hit. So let's get baking and spread some holiday cheer with these Peppermint Bark Brownies!
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time||Servings|
|15 mins||30 mins||45 mins||12 servings|
- 1 cup (226g) unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cups (400g) granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (120g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (60g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (180g) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup (180g) white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup (85g) crushed candy canes or peppermint candies
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 9×13-inch baking dish and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the melted butter and granulated sugar. Stir until well combined.
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, and salt. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing until just combined.
- Fold in the semisweet chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish and spread it out evenly.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with a few moist crumbs.
- Remove the brownies from the oven and let them cool completely in the baking dish.
- Once the brownies have cooled, melt the white chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl in 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until smooth and melted.
- Pour the melted white chocolate over the cooled brownies, spreading it out evenly with a spatula.
- Sprinkle the crushed candy canes or peppermint candies on top of the melted white chocolate.
- Place the brownies in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes, or until the white chocolate has set.
- Once the white chocolate has hardened, remove the brownies from the refrigerator and cut into squares.
- Serve and enjoy!
These Peppermint Bark Brownies are perfect for any holiday gathering or as a special treat to enjoy at home. They pair wonderfully with a cup of hot cocoa or a scoop of vanilla ice cream. You can also package them up in festive boxes or bags to give as homemade gifts. However you choose to enjoy them, these Peppermint Bark Brownies are sure to bring a smile to your face and a burst of holiday flavor to your taste buds. Happy baking!