Are you looking for a delicious and satisfying vegan recipe? Look no further! These Quinoa and Black Bean Burgers are packed with flavor and are a great alternative to traditional meat burgers. Whether you're a vegan or just trying to incorporate more plant-based meals into your diet, these burgers are sure to impress. They are easy to make and perfect for a quick weeknight dinner or a weekend cookout. Let's get started!
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time||Servings|
|15 mins||20 mins||35 mins||4 servings|
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 burger buns
- Optional toppings: lettuce, tomato, avocado, and vegan mayonnaise
- In a large bowl, mash the black beans with a fork or potato masher until they are mostly mashed but still have some texture.
- Add the cooked quinoa, breadcrumbs, onion, garlic, cilantro, cumin, paprika, salt, and black pepper to the bowl. Mix well until all the ingredients are evenly combined.
- Shape the mixture into 4 equal-sized patties, about 1/2-inch thick.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the patties to the skillet and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side, or until they are golden brown and crispy.
- Remove the patties from the skillet and let them cool slightly before serving.
- Toast the burger buns if desired. Place a quinoa and black bean patty on each bun and top with your favorite toppings such as lettuce, tomato, avocado, and vegan mayonnaise.
- Serve the burgers warm and enjoy!
These Quinoa and Black Bean Burgers are incredibly versatile and can be enjoyed in various ways. Here are some serving suggestions:
- Serve them with a side of sweet potato fries or a fresh green salad for a complete meal.
- Add some spicy sriracha sauce or your favorite hot sauce for an extra kick.
- These burgers are perfect for cookouts and can be grilled instead of pan-fried. Just make sure to oil the grill grates before cooking.
- They also freeze well, so you can make a batch ahead of time and have them ready whenever you're craving a quick and tasty meal.
Whether you're a vegan or simply looking to try something new, these Quinoa and Black Bean Burgers are a delightful option. They are packed with protein, fiber, and flavor, making them a satisfying and nutritious choice. Enjoy!