Are you looking for a delicious and nutritious vegan recipe? Look no further! These Quinoa Stuffed Bell Peppers are packed with flavor and are sure to impress. Not only are they a great option for vegans, but they are also a tasty dish for anyone looking to incorporate more plant-based meals into their diet. Let's get cooking!
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time||Servings|
|15 mins||45 mins||1 hr||4 servings|
- 4 bell peppers (any color)
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 cup corn kernels (fresh or frozen)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh parsley, for garnish
- Feel free to use any color of bell peppers you prefer. Each color has a slightly different taste and sweetness.
- If you don't have vegetable broth, you can use water instead, but the broth adds extra flavor.
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Cut the tops off the bell peppers and remove the seeds and membranes. Place the peppers in a baking dish and set aside.
- In a saucepan, combine the quinoa and vegetable broth. Bring to a boil over medium heat, then reduce the heat to low. Cover and simmer for about 15 minutes, or until the quinoa is cooked and the liquid is absorbed.
- While the quinoa is cooking, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic, and sauté until fragrant and translucent.
- Add the zucchini, carrot, and corn to the skillet. Cook for about 5 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the cooked quinoa, cumin, paprika, salt, and pepper. Mix well to combine all the flavors.
- Spoon the quinoa mixture into each bell pepper, filling them to the top. Place the pepper tops back on.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until the bell peppers are tender and slightly charred.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes. Garnish with fresh parsley before serving.
These Quinoa Stuffed Bell Peppers make a satisfying and wholesome meal on their own. However, you can also serve them with a side salad or some crusty bread for a complete and filling dinner. They are perfect for a vegan-friendly weeknight dinner or a special occasion. Enjoy!