Roasted Garlic and Herb Mashed Cauliflower
Roasted Garlic and Herb Mashed Cauliflower is a delicious and healthy alternative to traditional mashed potatoes. It's creamy, flavorful, and perfect for any holiday gathering. This recipe is a great way to incorporate more vegetables into your holiday feast while still enjoying all the flavors of the season.
- 1 large head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 4 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh herbs (such as parsley, thyme, or rosemary)
- You can use any combination of herbs you prefer or have on hand.
- Feel free to adjust the amount of garlic according to your taste preference.
- If you want a dairy-free option, you can substitute the butter and milk with dairy-free alternatives like vegan butter and almond milk.
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Place the cauliflower florets and garlic cloves on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat evenly.
- Roast the cauliflower and garlic in the preheated oven for about 30-35 minutes, or until the cauliflower is tender and lightly browned.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes.
- Transfer the roasted cauliflower and garlic to a food processor or blender. Add melted butter, milk, salt, and black pepper.
- Blend until smooth and creamy, scraping down the sides as needed. If the mixture is too thick, add a little more milk to achieve your desired consistency.
- Transfer the mashed cauliflower to a serving dish and sprinkle with chopped fresh herbs.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
- Roasted Garlic and Herb Mashed Cauliflower is a perfect side dish for holiday meals such as Thanksgiving or Christmas.
- It pairs well with roasted turkey, baked chicken, or grilled steak.
- You can also serve it as a healthier alternative to mashed potatoes for everyday meals.
Try this Roasted Garlic and Herb Mashed Cauliflower recipe for a flavorful and nutritious twist on a classic holiday side dish. It's sure to impress your guests and leave them wanting more. Enjoy!