Are you looking for a flavorful and satisfying gluten-free recipe? Look no further! This Spaghetti Squash Pad Thai is a delicious twist on the classic Thai dish, using spaghetti squash instead of rice noodles. It's a healthy and nutritious option that doesn't compromise on taste. Get ready to tantalize your taste buds with this easy-to-make recipe!
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time||Servings|
|15 mins||45 mins||1 hr||4 servings|
- 1 medium spaghetti squash (about 3 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted peanuts
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- Lime wedges, for serving
- Fresh cilantro, for garnish
- You can adjust the ingredients to suit your taste preferences. Feel free to add more veggies or protein of your choice.
- If you don't have fish sauce, you can substitute it with additional soy sauce or tamari for a vegetarian version.
- For a spicier version, add more red pepper flakes or a dash of sriracha sauce.
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds and membranes using a spoon.
- Drizzle the cut sides of the squash with 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the squash halves cut side down on a baking sheet and roast in the preheated oven for about 35-40 minutes, or until the flesh is tender and can easily be scraped into strands using a fork.
- While the squash is roasting, prepare the Pad Thai sauce. In a small bowl, whisk together the fish sauce, soy sauce, lime juice, brown sugar, and red pepper flakes (if using). Set aside.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon of vegetable oil in a large skillet or wok over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and cook for about 1 minute, until fragrant.
- Push the garlic to one side of the skillet and pour the beaten eggs into the empty space. Scramble the eggs until cooked through, then mix them with the garlic.
- Add the bean sprouts, shredded carrots, and chopped green onions to the skillet. Stir-fry for about 2-3 minutes until the vegetables are slightly tender.
- Add the cooked spaghetti squash strands to the skillet and pour the Pad Thai sauce over everything. Toss well to coat the squash and vegetables with the sauce.
- Cook for another 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the dish is heated through.
- Remove from heat and garnish with chopped peanuts and fresh cilantro.
- Serve the Spaghetti Squash Pad Thai hot with lime wedges on the side for squeezing over the dish.
This Spaghetti Squash Pad Thai is perfect for a quick and healthy weeknight dinner. It can also be a great option for those following a gluten-free or low-carb diet. You can enjoy it as a main course or serve it as a side dish alongside grilled chicken or shrimp. The fresh flavors and vibrant colors make it an excellent choice for gatherings and potlucks too. Give this recipe a try and impress your friends and family with a delicious and nutritious meal!