Are you looking for a delicious and satisfying vegetarian recipe? Look no further! These Spinach and Feta Stuffed Peppers are bursting with flavor and packed with nutritious ingredients. Whether you're a vegetarian or simply looking to add more plant-based meals to your diet, this recipe is a winner. Let's get cooking!
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time||Servings|
|15 mins||30 mins||45 mins||4 servings|
- 4 bell peppers (any color)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (15 ml)
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups fresh spinach (120 g)
- 1 cup cooked quinoa (185 g)
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese (75 g)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (25 g)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Fresh parsley, for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Cut the tops off the bell peppers and remove the seeds and membranes. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the diced onion and minced garlic, and sauté until the onion is translucent and fragrant.
- Add the fresh spinach to the skillet and cook until wilted, about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and stir in the cooked quinoa, crumbled feta cheese, grated Parmesan cheese, salt, and black pepper. Mix well until all the ingredients are combined.
- Stuff each bell pepper with the spinach and quinoa mixture, pressing it down gently to fill the pepper completely.
- Place the stuffed peppers in a baking dish and cover with foil. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, remove the foil and continue baking for an additional 10 minutes, or until the peppers are tender and the filling is lightly browned.
- Once cooked, remove the stuffed peppers from the oven and let them cool for a few minutes.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve hot.
These Spinach and Feta Stuffed Peppers make a delicious main course for a vegetarian dinner. They can also be served as a side dish alongside roasted chicken or grilled fish. This recipe is perfect for a family meal or a dinner party with friends. Enjoy!