Welcome to another delicious vegetarian recipe! This Sweet Potato and Lentil Curry is packed with flavor and nutrients, making it a perfect choice for a satisfying meal. Whether you're a vegetarian or simply looking for a meatless option, this curry will surely impress your taste buds. Let's get started!
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time||Servings|
|10 mins||30 mins||40 mins||4 servings|
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional, adjust to taste)
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup red lentils, rinsed
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 can (14 ounces) coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh cilantro, chopped (for garnish)
- Cooked rice or naan bread (for serving)
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the diced onion and cook until softened and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the minced garlic and grated ginger, and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the curry powder, cumin, turmeric, and cayenne pepper (if using) to the pot. Stir well to coat the onions and spices with the oil, and cook for another minute.
- Add the cubed sweet potatoes and rinsed lentils to the pot. Pour in the vegetable broth and coconut milk, and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover the pot, and simmer for about 20-25 minutes, or until the sweet potatoes and lentils are tender and cooked through. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Once the curry has thickened and the sweet potatoes are fork-tender, remove the pot from the heat. Stir in the lime juice and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the Sweet Potato and Lentil Curry over cooked rice or with naan bread. Garnish with fresh cilantro for added freshness and flavor.
This Sweet Potato and Lentil Curry is perfect for a cozy weeknight dinner or for entertaining guests. It pairs well with steamed basmati rice, quinoa, or warm naan bread. You can also serve it as a side dish alongside grilled vegetables or roasted chicken for a complete meal. Enjoy this flavorful and nutritious curry anytime, and experiment with your favorite toppings or additions to make it your own!