Are you looking for a delicious and gluten-free breakfast or snack option? Look no further! This recipe for Sweet Potato Toast with Avocado is not only healthy but also incredibly satisfying. The combination of creamy avocado and sweet potato creates a delightful flavor that will leave you wanting more. Let's dive into this mouthwatering recipe!
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time||Servings|
|10 mins||20 mins||30 mins||2 servings|
- 2 large sweet potatoes, sliced lengthwise into 1/4-inch thick slices (5 mm)
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Optional toppings: sliced cherry tomatoes, fresh herbs (such as cilantro or parsley), red pepper flakes
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Place the sweet potato slices on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Make sure they are in a single layer and not overlapping.
- Bake the sweet potato slices for 15-20 minutes, or until they are tender and slightly golden around the edges.
- While the sweet potatoes are baking, prepare the avocado topping. In a small bowl, mash the avocado with a fork until smooth.
- Add the lemon juice to the mashed avocado and mix well. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Once the sweet potato slices are done, remove them from the oven and let them cool slightly.
- Spread a generous amount of the avocado mixture onto each sweet potato slice.
- Top with your desired toppings, such as sliced cherry tomatoes, fresh herbs, or red pepper flakes.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
This Sweet Potato Toast with Avocado makes for a perfect breakfast or snack option. It's great for those following a gluten-free diet and looking for a nutritious meal. You can also serve it as an appetizer at a brunch gathering or as a light lunch option. Get creative with your toppings to add even more flavor and texture to this delicious dish.
Now that you have this easy and tasty recipe, it's time to give it a try. Enjoy the wonderful combination of sweet potato and creamy avocado in every bite!