Cheese recipes are always a crowd-pleaser, and these Three Cheese Stuffed Shells are no exception. Filled with a delicious blend of ricotta, mozzarella, and Parmesan cheese, these shells are baked to perfection in a savory marinara sauce. It's a comforting dish that will satisfy any cheese lover's cravings. Let's get started!
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time||Servings|
|20 mins||40 mins||1 hr||4-6 servings|
- 1 box (12 ounces) jumbo pasta shells
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus extra for topping
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- Fresh basil leaves, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). Cook the jumbo pasta shells according to the package instructions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese, grated Parmesan cheese, egg, chopped parsley, garlic powder, dried oregano, salt, and black pepper. Mix well until all the ingredients are evenly incorporated.
- Spread 1 cup of marinara sauce evenly in the bottom of a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Take each cooked pasta shell and spoon about 1-2 tablespoons of the cheese mixture into the center. Place the filled shell in the baking dish on top of the marinara sauce. Repeat until all the shells are filled.
- Pour the remaining marinara sauce over the stuffed shells, covering them completely. Sprinkle the remaining shredded mozzarella cheese on top, followed by a sprinkle of grated Parmesan cheese.
- Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Then, remove the foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Once cooked, remove from the oven and let the stuffed shells cool for a few minutes. Garnish with fresh basil leaves, if desired.
- Serve the Three Cheese Stuffed Shells hot as a main dish. They pair well with a side salad or garlic bread.
These Three Cheese Stuffed Shells are perfect for a cozy family dinner or a gathering with friends. They can be served as the main course, accompanied by a fresh green salad or roasted vegetables. This dish is also great for potlucks or parties, as it can be prepared in advance and baked just before serving. Enjoy this cheesy and comforting recipe on any occasion!