Who says being vegan means you can't indulge in delicious desserts? This Vegan Chocolate Cake recipe will satisfy your sweet tooth and leave you wanting more. With its rich, moist texture and decadent chocolate flavor, this cake is perfect for any occasion. Whether you're a vegan or not, this cake is sure to be a crowd-pleaser!
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time||Servings|
|15 mins||30 mins||45 mins||8 servings|
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (240g)
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar (300g)
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder (75g)
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder (7g)
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda (7g)
- 1 teaspoon salt (5g)
- 1 ¾ cups almond milk (420ml)
- ½ cup vegetable oil (120ml)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract (10ml)
- 1 cup boiling water (240ml)
- Vegan chocolate frosting (store-bought or homemade)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour two 9-inch (23cm) round cake pans.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt until well combined.
- Add the almond milk, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract to the dry ingredients. Mix until the batter is smooth and well incorporated.
- Gradually pour in the boiling water and mix until the batter is thin. Don't worry, it's supposed to be thin!
- Divide the batter equally between the prepared cake pans. Tap the pans gently on the counter to remove any air bubbles.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cakes comes out clean.
- Remove the cakes from the oven and let them cool in the pans for 10 minutes. Then, transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once the cakes have cooled, spread a layer of vegan chocolate frosting on top of one cake layer. Place the second cake layer on top and frost the entire cake with the remaining frosting.
- Serve the Vegan Chocolate Cake as is or decorate it with vegan chocolate shavings or fresh berries.
This Vegan Chocolate Cake is perfect for birthdays, special occasions, or simply as a sweet treat to enjoy with friends and family. Serve it with a scoop of vegan vanilla ice cream or a dollop of coconut whipped cream for an extra indulgent dessert. Enjoy!