Who doesn't love a warm, gooey chocolate chip cookie? And if you're looking for a vegan version, you're in luck! These Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies are just as delicious as their non-vegan counterparts, and they're perfect for anyone following a vegan diet. So grab your apron and let's get baking!
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time||Servings|
|15 mins||12 mins||27 mins||12 cookies|
- 1/2 cup (113g) vegan butter, softened
- 1/2 cup (100g) granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup (50g) brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (60ml) unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/2 cups (180g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (175g) vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the softened vegan butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until well combined and creamy.
- Add the unsweetened applesauce and vanilla extract to the bowl and mix until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing until a dough forms. Be careful not to overmix.
- Fold in the vegan chocolate chips, ensuring they are evenly distributed throughout the dough.
- Using a cookie scoop or spoon, drop rounded tablespoons of dough onto the prepared baking sheet, spacing them about 2 inches apart.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
These Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies are perfect for any occasion! Enjoy them as an afternoon snack, pack them in lunchboxes, or serve them at parties. They are sure to be a hit with vegans and non-vegans alike. So go ahead, indulge in these delicious cookies and satisfy your sweet tooth!