Are you craving a delicious and satisfying meal that's packed with veggies? Look no further than this Vegetable Fried Rice recipe! It's a versatile dish that can be enjoyed as a main course or as a side dish. With colorful vegetables, fluffy rice, and a savory sauce, this recipe is sure to become a family favorite. Plus, it's quick and easy to make, perfect for busy weeknights. Let's get cooking!
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time||Servings|
|15 mins||20 mins||35 mins||4 servings|
- 2 cups cooked white rice (380g)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup frozen peas (150g)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce (optional)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet or wok over medium heat.
- Add the diced onion and minced garlic to the skillet. Sauté until the onion becomes translucent and fragrant.
- Stir in the diced carrot, bell pepper, and frozen peas. Cook for about 5 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Push the vegetables to one side of the skillet and add the cooked rice to the empty space. Break up any clumps of rice with a spatula and cook for a few minutes until heated through.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, oyster sauce (if using), and sesame oil. Pour the sauce over the rice and vegetables. Stir well to combine and coat everything evenly.
- Add the chopped green onions to the skillet and season with salt and pepper to taste. Give it a final stir and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve the Vegetable Fried Rice hot. Garnish with additional chopped green onions, if desired.
This Vegetable Fried Rice is a complete meal on its own, but you can also pair it with your favorite protein such as grilled chicken, shrimp, or tofu for added protein. It's a great dish to serve at potlucks, family gatherings, or as a quick and satisfying weeknight dinner. Enjoy!