If you're looking for a delicious and gluten-free twist on traditional lasagna, this Zucchini Lasagna with Ground Turkey recipe is the perfect choice. It's packed with flavor and wholesome ingredients, making it a healthy and satisfying meal option. Whether you have dietary restrictions or simply love zucchini, this recipe is sure to become a family favorite.
|1 hr 5 mins
- 2 large zucchinis, thinly sliced lengthwise (about ¼ inch thick)
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Special notes: You can use a mandoline or a sharp knife to slice the zucchinis. If you prefer, you can substitute ground turkey with ground chicken or beef. Feel free to adjust the amount of cheese according to your taste preference.
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic, and sauté until fragrant and translucent.
- Add the ground turkey to the skillet and cook until browned, breaking it up into crumbles with a wooden spoon.
- Stir in the dried oregano, dried basil, salt, and pepper. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes to allow the flavors to meld together.
- Add the marinara sauce to the skillet and simmer for 5-7 minutes, until the sauce thickens slightly.
- In a separate bowl, combine the ricotta cheese and grated Parmesan cheese. Mix well until smooth and creamy.
- In a greased baking dish, spread a thin layer of the meat sauce on the bottom.
- Arrange a layer of zucchini slices on top of the sauce, slightly overlapping them.
- Spread a layer of the ricotta cheese mixture over the zucchini slices.
- Repeat the layers until all the ingredients are used, ending with a layer of meat sauce on top.
- Sprinkle the shredded mozzarella cheese evenly over the lasagna.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbly and golden brown.
- Allow the lasagna to cool for a few minutes before serving.
This Zucchini Lasagna with Ground Turkey is perfect for a cozy family dinner or for entertaining guests. Serve it with a side salad and garlic bread for a complete meal. It's also a great option for those following a gluten-free diet or looking for a healthier alternative to traditional lasagna. Enjoy!