If you're looking for a delicious and gluten-free twist on traditional lasagna, then this Zucchini Lasagna recipe is perfect for you. Packed with layers of zucchini, cheese, and flavorful sauce, this dish is a healthier alternative that doesn't compromise on taste. Whether you have dietary restrictions or simply want to try something new, this gluten-free recipe will satisfy your cravings.
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time||Servings|
|20 mins||1 hr 10 mins||1 hr 30 mins||6 servings|
- 4 medium zucchinis, sliced lengthwise into thin strips
- 1 pound (450 grams) ground beef
- 1 cup (240 milliliters) marinara sauce
- 1 cup (240 milliliters) ricotta cheese
- 1 cup (100 grams) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup (25 grams) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh basil leaves, for garnish
- You can use a mandoline or a vegetable peeler to slice the zucchini into thin strips.
- Feel free to substitute ground beef with ground turkey or sausage for a different flavor.
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the ground beef until browned. Drain any excess fat.
- Add the minced garlic to the skillet and cook for an additional minute until fragrant.
- Stir in the marinara sauce, dried basil, and dried oregano. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Simmer the sauce for 10 minutes to allow the flavors to meld together.
- In a medium bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, and beaten egg. Mix well.
- Grease a 9×13-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Spread a thin layer of the meat sauce on the bottom of the dish.
- Arrange a layer of zucchini slices on top of the sauce. Spread a layer of the ricotta cheese mixture over the zucchini. Sprinkle with shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat the layers, starting with meat sauce, followed by zucchini slices, ricotta cheese mixture, and shredded mozzarella cheese. Continue until you run out of ingredients, ending with a layer of meat sauce and shredded mozzarella cheese on top.
- Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes until the cheese is golden and bubbly.
- Let the lasagna cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving. Garnish with fresh basil leaves.
Zucchini Lasagna is a versatile dish that can be served on various occasions. Here are a few serving suggestions:
- Serve it as a main course for a gluten-free dinner.
- Pair it with a side salad for a light and wholesome lunch.
- Bring it to potlucks or family gatherings as a crowd-pleasing casserole dish.
- Enjoy it as leftovers the next day for a quick and satisfying meal.
Whether you're gluten-free or not, this Zucchini Lasagna recipe is a delicious and healthy alternative to traditional lasagna. With layers of zucchini, cheese, and flavorful sauce, every bite is packed with flavor. Give it a try and enjoy a satisfying and nutritious meal.