Zucchini noodles, also known as "zoodles," are a healthy and flavorful alternative to traditional pasta. Paired with a vibrant and aromatic pesto sauce, this dish is a delicious way to enjoy a gluten-free meal. Whether you're following a gluten-free diet or simply looking for a lighter option, these zucchini noodles with pesto are sure to satisfy your cravings.
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time||Servings|
|15 mins||5 mins||20 mins||4 servings|
- 4 medium zucchini
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Optional toppings: cherry tomatoes, shaved Parmesan cheese, chopped fresh basil
- Using a spiralizer or vegetable peeler, create zucchini noodles by cutting the zucchini lengthwise into thin, noodle-like strips. Set aside.
- In a food processor or blender, combine the basil leaves, pine nuts, minced garlic, and grated Parmesan cheese. Pulse until coarsely chopped.
- While the food processor is running, slowly drizzle in the olive oil until the mixture is well combined and forms a smooth pesto sauce. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the zucchini noodles and cook for about 3-5 minutes, or until they are just tender. Be careful not to overcook, as zucchini noodles can become mushy.
- Remove the skillet from heat and add the pesto sauce to the zucchini noodles. Toss gently to coat the noodles evenly with the sauce.
- Serve the zucchini noodles with pesto immediately. Top with cherry tomatoes, shaved Parmesan cheese, and chopped fresh basil, if desired.
Zucchini noodles with pesto make a light and refreshing meal on their own, but they can also be paired with grilled chicken, shrimp, or tofu for added protein. This dish is perfect for warm summer days or as a side dish for a larger meal. Enjoy it as a main course for a gluten-free lunch or dinner, or serve it as a side dish at a barbecue or potluck gathering.