Are you ready to indulge in a delicious and cheesy delight? This Cheesy Spinach and Ricotta Stuffed Shells recipe is here to satisfy your cravings. Filled with creamy ricotta cheese, nutritious spinach, and topped with a flavorful tomato sauce, these stuffed shells are the perfect comfort food. Whether you're a cheese lover or simply looking for a tasty vegetarian dish, this recipe is sure to impress. Let's get cooking!
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time||Servings|
|20 mins||40 mins||1 hr||4-6 servings|
- 1 box (12 ounces) jumbo pasta shells
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- Fresh basil leaves, for garnish (optional)
- Feel free to add other vegetables such as mushrooms or bell peppers to the filling for added flavor and texture.
- You can use homemade or store-bought marinara sauce according to your preference.
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Cook the jumbo pasta shells according to the package instructions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, shredded mozzarella cheese, grated Parmesan cheese, chopped spinach, lightly beaten egg, dried basil, dried oregano, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper. Mix well until all the ingredients are evenly incorporated.
- Spoon the cheese and spinach mixture into each cooked pasta shell, filling them generously. Place the filled shells in a baking dish.
- Pour the marinara sauce over the stuffed shells, making sure they are well-covered. You can also drizzle some extra sauce on top if desired.
- Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes.
- Remove the foil and continue baking for an additional 10-15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Once cooked, remove from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes. Garnish with fresh basil leaves if desired.
- Serve the Cheesy Spinach and Ricotta Stuffed Shells hot and enjoy!
- These stuffed shells make a hearty main course for a family dinner.
- Pair them with a fresh green salad and garlic bread for a complete and satisfying meal.
- This recipe is also a great option for potlucks, parties, or any occasion where you want to impress your guests with a delicious cheesy dish.
So, what are you waiting for? Gather your ingredients and get ready to savor the creamy, cheesy goodness of these Cheesy Spinach and Ricotta Stuffed Shells. It's time to dive into a delightful cheese-filled experience!