Are you looking for a delicious vegetarian recipe that showcases the flavors of fresh zucchini and tomatoes? Look no further! This Zucchini and Tomato Tian with Herbed Breadcrumbs is the perfect dish to satisfy your cravings. With its vibrant colors and delightful combination of flavors, this recipe is sure to impress both your taste buds and your dinner guests.
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time||Servings|
|15 mins||40 mins||55 mins||4 servings|
- 2 medium zucchinis, sliced into 1/4-inch rounds (5 mm)
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced into 1/4-inch rounds (5 mm)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup (60 g) breadcrumbs
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a small bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, minced garlic, fresh thyme leaves, and chopped basil. Mix well to combine the flavors.
- Drizzle 2 tablespoons (30 ml) of olive oil onto the bottom of a baking dish. Spread it evenly to coat the dish.
- Arrange the zucchini and tomato slices in an alternating pattern in the baking dish. This will create a beautiful visual effect.
- Drizzle the remaining olive oil over the top of the vegetable slices. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle the herbed breadcrumbs evenly over the top of the vegetables.
- Place the baking dish in the preheated oven and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender and the breadcrumbs are golden brown.
- Once cooked, remove the dish from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before serving.
This Zucchini and Tomato Tian with Herbed Breadcrumbs is a versatile dish that can be served as a main course or as a side dish. It pairs well with grilled chicken or fish for a complete meal. You can also serve it alongside a fresh salad for a light and refreshing lunch. This recipe is perfect for summer gatherings, potlucks, or any vegetarian-friendly occasion. Enjoy the vibrant flavors and textures of this delightful dish!