Shrimp Scampi is a classic Italian dish that features succulent shrimp cooked in a flavorful garlic, butter, and white wine sauce. This dish is quick and easy to make, perfect for a weeknight dinner or a special occasion. The tender shrimp and aromatic sauce make for a delicious combination that will surely impress your taste buds. Let's get cooking!
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time||Servings|
|10 mins||15 mins||25 mins||4 servings|
- 1 pound (454 g) shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 tablespoons (56 g) unsalted butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) white wine
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) olive oil
- 1/4 cup (15 g) chopped fresh parsley
- Cooked pasta or crusty bread, for serving
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and sauté for about 1 minute until fragrant.
- Increase the heat to medium-high and add the shrimp to the skillet. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until they turn pink and opaque. Remove the shrimp from the skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, pour in the white wine and lemon juice. Add the red pepper flakes, salt, and black pepper. Bring the mixture to a simmer and let it cook for 2 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the cooked shrimp back into the skillet. Stir well to coat the shrimp with the sauce. Cook for an additional 1-2 minutes until the shrimp are heated through.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and drizzle the olive oil over the shrimp scampi. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and toss gently to combine.
- Serve the shrimp scampi over cooked pasta or with crusty bread to soak up the delicious sauce. Enjoy!
- Shrimp scampi is best served immediately while it's still hot and fresh.
- Serve it over linguine or spaghetti for a classic presentation.
- Pair it with a side salad or steamed vegetables for a well-rounded meal.
- This dish is perfect for a romantic dinner, family gatherings, or even a dinner party with friends.
Now you have a fantastic recipe for shrimp scampi that will surely become a favorite in your household. Enjoy the flavors of the sea with this delightful and easy-to-make dish!